- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 35 minutes
- Servings 8 portions
- 150 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into cubes (3 cm)
- 1500 g water
- 400 g butternut pumpkin, flesh only, cut into cubes (1.5 cm)
- 210 g dried risoni pasta
- 40 g olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 30 - 40 g balsamic vinegar
- 50 g pitted Kalamata olives, drained and cut into slices
- 60 g sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into slices
- 100 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into pieces
- 15 g fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place Parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, then weigh pumpkin onto Varoma tray. Secure Varoma lid and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set Varoma with pumpkin aside.
- Add risoni pasta, 15 g of the olive oil and salt to mixing bowl. Place Varoma back into position and cook 7 min/100°C//speed 1. Remove Varoma and transfer pumpkin into a bowl to cool slightly. Strain risoni using Varoma dish, then rinse and drain.
- Place a large serving bowl onto mixing bowl lid, then weigh balsamic vinegar, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke, basil leaves and remaining 25 g olive oil into it. Add drained risoni pasta to serving bowl, then set aside to cool.
- Once risoni has cooled, sprinkle reserved grated Parmesan cheese and reserved cooked pumpkin over salad. Combine well with spatula, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips & Tricks
large serving bowl, bowl