- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Servings 4 portions
- 60 g peanut oil
- 110 g red curry paste (see Tips)
- 55 g brown sugar
- 55 g fish sauce
- 40 g tamarind paste (see Tips)
- 2 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 400 g water
- 4 skinless, firm white fish fillets (approx. 200 g each), cut into pieces (approx. 8 cm x 10 cm)
- 200 g green beans, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 125 g fresh baby corn, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 270 g coconut cream
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- fresh Kaffir lime leaves, cut into thin strips, for garnishing
- cooked rice (optional)
- Line Varoma dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Place oil and curry paste into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/120°C/speed 2, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Add sugar and cook 2 min/120°C/speed 2.
- Add fish sauce, tamarind paste, stock paste and water. Place Varoma into position and place fish pieces into Varoma dish and tray. Secure Varoma lid and steam 15-20 min/Varoma/speed 2, until cooked to your liking (see Tips). Remove Varoma and set aside.
- Add greens beans, corn and coconut cream and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2.
- Divide fish between serving bowls and pour over vegetables and curry sauce. Garnish with coriander and Kaffir lime leaves and serve with cooked rice (optional).
Tips & Tricks
Matt recommends using Maesri brand's red curry paste for this recipe, available at some major supermarkets and Asian food stores.
You can find tamarind paste at some major supermarkets and most Asian food stores.
To make your own Chicken stock paste, refer to the recipe on Cookidoo®.
Cooking times may vary depending on the type and thickness of your fish fillets. Fish is cooked when it turns opaque and flakes easily.