- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings 6 portions
- 700 g water
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets (approx. 800 g), cut into strips (5 x 1 cm)
- olive oil, for greasing
- 200 g cheddar cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ red onion
- ½ tomato
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 70 g pitted black olives, sliced
- 250 g sour cream
- 40 g lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 10 tortillas
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish and tray into position and place chicken breast pieces into Varoma dish and onto tray. Secure Varoma lid and steam
8 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Stir chicken pieces with spatula to ensure even cooking, then secure Varoma lid, and cook for a further
8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer chicken into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a large casserole dish (32 x 25 cm) and set aside.
- Place cheese into mixing bowl and grate
8 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place coriander and spring onions/shallots into mixing bowl and chop
2 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place chilli, garlic, red onion, tomato and capsicum into mixing bowl and chop
3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add sea salt, pepper, olives, sour cream, lime juice, 50 g of the reserved cheddar cheese and half the reserved coriander and spring onions/shallots and combine
2 sec//speed 4.
- Add reserved chicken and combine
6 sec//speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with a few spoonfuls of mixture, then roll up and place seam-side down into casserole dish. Top with canned tomatoes and remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over remaining coriander and spring onions/shallots mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (180°C) or until bubbly and fragrant. Serve warm, garnished with extra coriander leaves.