- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 10 minutes
- Total time 35 minutes
- Servings 13 portions
- Banana puddings
- 125 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 125 g dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70 g milk
- 200 g bananas, broken into pieces (2 cm), plus 1 extra banana, cut into slices
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 500 g water
- Honey and Ginger Crème Anglaise
- 55 g white sugar
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 500 g thickened cream
- 80 g honey
- 100 g egg yolks (approx. 6 eggs)
- Place a 6-hole silicone baking tray into Varoma dish and place a 7-hole silicone baking tray onto Varoma tray, then set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 50 sec/speed 4.
- Add eggs and beat 20 sec/speed 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add milk, 200 g of the banana and flour and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
- Divide mixture between prepared silicone moulds. Place 1 banana slice on top of each pudding. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, secure Varoma lid and steam 18 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of each pudding comes out clean. Set Varoma aside. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Place sugar and ginger into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cream, honey and egg yolks and cook 7 min/90°C/speed 4. Carefully turn out puddings into serving bowls and top with crème anglaise to serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
Instead of steaming in the Varoma, you can bake puddings in the oven for 12 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of each pudding comes out clean.
Gluten Free Variation: Substitute self raising flour with gluten free self raising flour. You will need to steam for an extra 6-9 minutes or until puddings are cooked.