- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 3 hours 45 minutes
- Servings 10 portions
- Chicken liver mousse
- 80 g onion (approx. ½ an onion)
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 250 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 60 g Port or 60 g Madeira wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 120 g unsalted butter
- Port jelly
- 1 gold strength gelatine leaf
- Ice cold water, for soaking
- 100 g Port or 100 g Madeira wine
- Bread of choice
- Cornichons, to serve
- Per 1 portion
- Calories: 701.2 kJ / 167.6 kcal
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Fat: 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1 g
- Fibre: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 39.0 g
Chicken liver mousse
- Place 30 g of the butter and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add chicken livers, port, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper, then simmer 6 min/80°C/reverse/speed 1.5, without the measuring cup.
- Add the remaining 120 g of butter and blend 20 sec/speed 10. Pass pâté mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Transfer pâté into individual ramekins and cover. Place in the fridge to chill for 2 - 3 hours. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Once pâté has set, place gelatine leaf in a bowl, cover with water until soft and pliable (approx. 5 minutes).
- Place Port into mixing bowl and cook 2 min 30 sec/100°C/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Remove gelatine from water and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Add gelatine to mixing bowl and combine 10 sec/speed 1 or until gelatine is dissolved completely. Allow mixture to cool (approx. 30 mins).
- Gently pour cooled jelly over pâté and return to the fridge until jelly has set (approx. 30 minutes). Serving with Bread and cornichons.
Tips & Tricks
Fine-mesh sieve, ramekin (6 cm), bowl
Spatula, measuring cup, simmering basket