- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 5 minutes
- Total time 5 minutes
- Servings 1 portion
- 3-5 jalapeño chillies, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 500 g buttermilk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime, zested (no white pith) and juiced
- Place jalapeños, garlic, coriander and spring onions/shallots into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add buttermilk, salt, lime zest and juice, then blend 3 sec/speed 4. Use immediately as a marinade (see Tips) or transfer into a sealable container and store in refrigerator until ready to use (see Tips).
Tips & Tricks
- Using buttermilk in marinades helps tenderise meat or poultry, thanks to the naturally occurring acid in the buttermilk.
- Place chicken or meat into a ceramic dish, cover with marinade and turn to coat. Cover and transfer into refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight. Scrape off excess marinade, then barbecue or grill to your preference.
- Before using marinade, set aside approx. 200 g to use as a dressing on green leafy salads, or as a sauce to serve with grilled meat or chicken.
- You can store this marindate in a sealable container in the regrigerator for up to 3 days.