It’s winter, it’s cold and we’re all spending more time rugged up indoors. Cosy nights-in with a warming homemade meal or treats baked from scratch are some of our favourites at Thermomix, and let’s face it, any good night revolves around food, right?
We’ve paired three ideas below with recipes to kick your nights-in up a notch and elevate your comfort food.
The movie night
The ultimate cosy night-in involves a good movie, your couch, and lots of pillows and blankets. Often, we’re reaching for the store-bought snacks and takeaway. But with Thermomix, you can create your own comfort food from scratch, with minimal effort and maximum flavour to satisfy your taste buds.
Our top movie night treats include:
- Elevated popcorn - what’s movie night without popcorn? Give it a sweet spin with our Crunchy caramel popcorn recipe. Thermomix TM6 will make you the perfect gooey caramel and practically clean itself thanks to the Pre-clean mode!
- DIY pizza – make pizza dough from scratch in less than 5 minutes using our iconic dough recipe and top with whatever takes your fancy (pineapple on pizza? No judgement here). You’ll have a delicious homemade pizza to enjoy in less time than your local delivery.
- Homemade ice cream – we know, its winter, but you can’t go to the movies without a choc top. And you can’t go past our Honeycomb ice cream slice, which features only six ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time while Thermomix does the rest!
The date night
Bring the restaurant to you and create a romantic menu at home. Better yet, cook along with your significant other for a fun date night activity! With Thermomix, you can easily create delicious dishes from scratch with the help of step-by-step recipes through our online recipe library, Cookidoo. There are thousands of recipes to choose from and you can filter by cooking time, ingredient, skill level and more, so there’s something for every couple.
Our favourites include:
- Bianca Mazur’s frozen Turkish delight martini – this delightful cocktail makes for a fun pre-dinner tipple, without stepping a foot out of the house or your trackpants.
- Mark Southon’s lamb ragu with watercress and mint pesto – a restaurant quality recipe that only requires 20 minutes of active prep time from you. This rich, slow-cooked dish is perfect for a cosy date night in.
- Peanut butter and chocolate custard – finish your meal with something decadent and chocolatey. Thermomix will do the cooking and stirring for you, so you can relax with your loved one. Pair it with this Peanut brittle recipe for a little something extra.
The game night
Take family game night to the next level, whether you’re rugging up indoors with your kids or housemates. The activity and mental stimulation that ensues a good board game requires fuelling up with a hearty meal first.
Here are some of our go-to recipes:
- Japanese ramen noodle soup – warm up from the inside out with this flavourful ramen recipe. Quick and easy to make with your Thermomix, and part of our latest Flavours of Japan Cookidoo collection (right on time for your own Olympic Games).
- Leek and cheddar pudding – for a no-fuss, satisfying dish try our Leek and cheddar pudding. It has winter written all over it and can be made with ingredients you most likely have in the pantry.
- Hearty lentil chilli – for something wholesome, warming and with a little kick, try this vegetarian chilli recipe. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser for those half-time hungries.
If you’re keen to see Thermomix in action and find out how you can create cosy comfort food from scratch, chat to one of our expert Consultants about a Cooking Experience. These can be done online or in-person and tailored to suit you.