In charge of Christmas breakfast or lunch this year? Get ahead with our sample menus, along with some tips and tricks that will transform you into one cool, calm, and collected cook! Enjoy more Christmas this Christmas, outside the kitchen and with your loved ones.
The breakfast club: Christmas edition
No one wants to be stuck slaving over a hot stove or flipping pancakes while the rest of the family unwraps presents or watches Christmas movies in their PJs. Enter Thermomix and this easy breakfast menu with special recipe options, that give you more time back for where it counts.
Pick a drink and a main (or both a sweet and savoury option) to fuel you and your family for the day ahead.
- Sunrise margarita – A fruity, refreshing, non-alcoholic sip the whole family can enjoy.
- Mocha-iced coffee – For a fancy coffee fix, whip up this recipe in mere minutes.
- Peach Bellini – If you’re in the mood for a breakfast Bellini, why not whip up this cocktail? Christmas is a celebration after all!
- Christmas stollen - This festive iced bread can be made the day before and warmed up in the oven just before serving.
- Coconut-lime rice pudding with caramelised pineapple – Wow your brunch guests with this tropical recipe, which makes 6 portions and only takes 15 minutes of your precious time to prep.
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops – Popsicles for breakfast? Only on Christmas day! If the weather forecast is looking hot, make ahead this recipe for a special breakfast treat.
- Shakshuka – Café brunch at home! This recipe makes 4 satisfying portions and only requires 15 minutes of active prep time from you, no manual stirring involved.
- Poached egg pots with smoked salmon and avocado salsa – This recipe is perfect for warm Christmas weather and is ready in 30 minutes.
- Smoked salmon muffins with steamed eggs and herbed relish - Another café worthy breakfast, you can prep the muffin ingredients ahead of time and pop them in the oven Christmas morning.
How do you like your eggs? If you’re looking for a light, simple breakfast Thermomix TM6 Egg Mode is the solution. Simply add water and your eggs to the Thermomix bowl, set your mode (soft, medium soft, medium, medium hard or hard) and your perfect egg will be made practically hands-free.
A long Christmas lunch (or dinner)
A long, lazy meal with good food, good drink and good company is what Christmas is all about. This is our sample family-style menu, with crowd-pleasing recipe options that are quick or make-ahead friendly. Pick a few or make them all, the choice is yours (and easy with Thermomix)!
A signature drink
These festive drinks are made in a flash:
The perfect nibble to keep your guests satisfied until the main event.
- Steamed prawns or scallops – cook your seafood to perfection with the help of Thermomix.
- Traditional cocktail sauce and Chilli lime sauce – complement your prawns or scallops with these yummy sauces that each take less than 5 minutes to make.
Sides & salads
- Tomatoes with wasabi dressing – A fun, fresh recipe that can be whipped up in under 10 minutes. Arrange in a festive wreath for a bonus table decoration!
- Pumpkin and antipasto risoni salad – Thermomix will do the cooking for you with this recipe. Perfect for a side or filling vegetarian option.
- Smashed roasted potatoes with rosemary salt – No Christmas meal is complete without roasties. Give this recipe a go for crispy, golden potatoes – only 15 minutes of prep time required.
The main event
- Turkey roulade with peaches and apricots – Let Thermomix do the hard graft for you with this recipe. It’s the perfect festive main and can be served warm or as part of a cold meat platter.
- Honey and herb pork loin – Another dish that can be served warm or cold, making it a great make-ahead option. This one only requires 10 minutes of active prep time and dishes up 8 portions.
- Duck ballotine - Wow guests with this restaurant quality dish, that will only take you 15 minutes of active prep time. Make it with the help of the MEATER+ Wireless thermometer for perfect results.
Something to finish
- Gluten free mince pies – Finish your meal with a tea and one of these fruity mince pies, which can be made in advance.
- Candy cane ice creams – Another make-ahead hero, this delicious festive treat is perfect for a hot Christmas day.
- DIY chocolate truffles – Simply prep the ingredients with the help of your Thermomix and let your guests make their own dessert!