We found the perfectly minimalist, manual kitchen knife sharpener that gives you the simplest, most durable, no-batteries-required solution to keeping all your straight-edge knives in tip-top chopping and slicing condition.
Unlike the old-school manual methods using a whetstone or sharpening rod, you won’t need to put any time or effort into honing your knife-sharpening skills. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Literally.
Plus, unlike the regular 2-slot products, ours is a 3-slot knife sharpener, with coarse and medium Tungsten carbide blades angled perfectly to shape your knife to a hollow finish, and a fine ceramic honing stage to put that perfect a hollow edge finish and polish on your blade. Most days, all you’ll need is a couple of glides through the ceramic sharpener to maintain that razor-sharpness.
The suction base securely attaches to the solid, smooth surface of your benchtop, keeping it steady while you sharpen single-handedly! No need to hold with your other hand, and no need to clean away filings every time, it’ll catch those in the unscrewable base for emptying later.
And because blunt knives can be the most dangerous things in your kitchen, we wanted to make it easy to keep handy without cluttering your space or clashing with your kitchen decor. The minimalist, compact grey and white knife sharpener can be attached to your cabinets, splash backs or fridge with the suction cup or stored away in a draw under your benchtop.
- The simplest way to keep knives chopping, slicing and dicing like a dream
- Sharpens all straight-edge kitchen knives to tip-top condition, fast!
- Easier than learning how to use a manual whetstone or rod
- Not 2 but 3-slot knife sharpener with course, medium and fine stages
- Tungsten carbide blades and ceramic rods set all the angles for you
- Non-slip with a suction cup on the base to keep it firmly in place
- Grippy rubber base makes it easy to unscrew and empty the filings
- Compact, minimalist design saves space in your kitchen
- Attach to your fridge or cabinet for handy access
- Completely manual and portable, no batteries required
Make sure your knives are clean and dry before sharpening. Place your knife blade into the first slot, and slowly glide it back towards you with gentle, even pressure, keeping the blade straight/perpendicular. Repeat this again in slot one before gliding your blade twice through slots two and three. Avoid overexerting pressure on the knife blade, or pulling it back and forth. Once you’re done, wipe your knife with a wet cloth, then dry it, and you’re ready to go.
The kitchen knife sharpener catches all the fine filings in the base and unscrews easily to empty. To keep the base and grinding heads dry and clean and sharpening like a dream, avoid washing your kitchen knife sharpener in water, by hand or in the dishwasher. Simply wipe the base with a dry cloth and brush the metal blades and ceramic rods with a soft brush once a month.
Please note, the kitchen knife sharpener is best suited to sharpening straight knife blade. We don’t recommend using for sharpening serrated knife blades or scissors.